Today is Bell Let’s Talk Day. It’s a great reminder of the importance of talking about mental health and wellness and 360 is taking this opportunity to look at what we are doing to support our workplace mental health. We recently sent out a survey to our employees to gauge what’s important to them in terms of wellness. What came back was prioritizing mental health and putting a focus on physical activity, so we are trying to incorporate those things into our community, wellness and social initiatives for 2023.
· Our first step was increasing our psychology benefit by 50% to give our employees more access to professional help if they need it.
· We also joined a corporate fitness challenge to get our team moving!
· We are building a list of resources that will be accessible to our employees to connect them with their communities and help them find out what resources are available to them.
Many of our charitable initiatives this year will be centered around mental health and wellness and we will also try to create more opportunities for our employees to get active while giving back. A few of the things we’re working on right now:
· Starting an early internal fundraiser for our Mullets for Mental Health Campaign to support the Canadian Mental Health Association, Alberta Division!
· Launching Miles for Mental Health which is a fun new initiative that ties into our fleet (stay tuned for more details!)
· In honour of Bell Let’s Talk Day we will be making a donation to the Crisis Centre for Northern BC. The Crisis Centre provides crisis intervention, suicide prevention, resource information, education, and confidential peer support for the people of Northern BC including a 24-hour crisis line.