Last Updated: January 5, 2024
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you subscribe to our newsletter, fill out an inquiry form on our “contact” page, or apply to a job on our “careers” page.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our website?
Information You Provide Voluntarily:
- When you subscribe to our newsletter, apply for a job, or use the “contact us” form, we collect your name, email address, phone number, and resume (for job applications).
Automated Data Collection:
- We use Google Analytics to collect anonymized data on website usage, helping us improve user experience.
How do we use your information?
We use the collected information for the following purposes:
- Your email address is used to send you company updates and newsletters. You can opt-out at any time.
- Information provided in job applications is used for recruitment purposes only. We do not share this data externally. Information (including resumes) is retained for 1 year (365 days).
Contact Us Inquiries:
- Data from the “Contact Us” form is used to respond to your inquiries and improve our services.
- Analytical data helps us understand website usage trends and enhance our content.
How do we protect your information?
We implement security measures to protect your personal information:
Secure Job Applications:
- Job application data is stored securely, and access is restricted to relevant personnel.
- MailChimp, our newsletter platform, adheres to industry security standards.
- Our website uses SSL encryption to secure data transmission.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
The cookies we use fall into the following categories:
- Essential Cookies: Necessary for the website’s basic functionality.
- Analytical Cookies: Help us understand how users interact with the site (e.g., Google Analytics).
- Some external links on our website may lead to third-party sites that use their own cookies. We have no control over these cookies, and you should refer to the privacy policies of those third-party websites.
- Most web browsers allow you to control cookie settings. You can usually configure your browser to accept or reject cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. However, disabling cookies may affect your ability to access certain features of our website.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Users can choose to opt out of Google Analytics tracking by using the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on. This browser add-on prevents the collection of data by Google Analytics for this website and other websites.
Using the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on:
- Visit the Add-on Page:
- Users should go to the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on page.
- Install the Add-on:
- On the add-on page, users will find a button that says “Download the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.” Clicking this button will initiate the download and installation process.
- Install the Add-on in the Browser:
- Depending on the user’s browser (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari), the installation process may vary. Users should follow the instructions provided for their specific browser to complete the installation.
- Verify Installation:
- Once the add-on is installed, users can verify its presence by checking for an icon in their browser toolbar.
- Users can click on the add-on icon in their toolbar to activate the opt-out. When activated, the add-on informs Google Analytics not to collect their information.
- Check Opt-out Status:
- Users can confirm their opt-out status by visiting websites that use Google Analytics. If the add-on is working correctly, they should see a message indicating that their data will not be sent to Google Analytics.
CalOPPA (California Online Privacy Protection Act)
CalOPPA requires us to disclose the following:
- We collect Personally Identifiable Information (PII) from California consumers, including but not limited to name and email address (voluntarily provided when users fill out “contact us form”, apply to an open job opportunity, or subscribe to our newsletter) as described in our data collection section.
- At this time, our website does not respond to “Do Not Track” signals. We collect information about your visit for the purpose of analyzing website traffic and improving user experience. If you have concerns about your privacy, please refer to our “Opting Out of Google Analytics” section for information on how to manage your preferences.
- Users can change their personal information by sending us a support ticket via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or calling us at 403.454.3600
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
CASL (Canada Anti-Spam Law)
If you are a Canadian user receiving commercial electronic messages from us, please be aware that we comply with the Canada Anti-Spam Law (CASL). We seek and obtain explicit consent before sending commercial electronic messages and provide clear options for unsubscribing from such communications.
If you have subscribed to our newsletters or promotional emails and wish to unsubscribe, you can do so by following the instructions included in the email (located in the footer). We are committed to complying with the CAN-SPAM Act and strive to provide transparent and user-friendly options for managing your email preferences.
360 Engineering & Environmental Consulting Ltd.
1600, 202 6 Ave SW
Calgary, AB T2P 2R9